The company-grade officer’s full dress coat was authorized for wear between 1907 and 1917, which is when the amount of buttons grew from seven to nine per column. During this time, only general officers wore epaulettes while all other officers wore the gold wire shoulder knots. Newly commissioned 2nd Lieutenant Bradley is pictured wearing this coat while he was assigned to the 14th Infantry.