Search All Our Collections
Research and Inquiries
Please click Research to search our collections, submit an inquiry, or find information on the Ridgway Grant.
Located 1 mile from Carlisle Barracks proper at 950 Soldiers Drive, Ridgway Hall offer researchers access to unique and diverse archival collections as well as one of the largest military history libraries in the world.
Highlights include:U.S. Army Military History Institute Archives
- Personal papers including those of Nelson Miles, Tasker Bliss, William "Wild Bill" Donovan, Matthew B. Ridgway, Creighton Abrams, and most U.S. Army Chiefs of Staff
- Diaries, letters, and photographs of American soldiers from the Mexican-American War onward.
- Over 250 general officer oral history transcripts
- Veteran surveys from the Spanish-American War to the Cold War
- Curricular archives of the U.S. Army War College from 1907 onward
- Rare book collection, including the original War Department Library
- 52 series of U.S. Army doctrinal, training, and administrative publications
- Unit history collection
Please click Research to view a complete listing of our databases, bibliographies, current awareness products, and faculty/student services.
Located on Carlisle Barracks, the U.S. Army War College, Root Hall location is the primary research and information source for the Army's senior educational institution, and plays a key role in the development of military, civilian, and international strategic leaders.The Root Hall collection covers subjects such as:
- military strategy & operations
- leadership & management
- regional & area studies
- international relations
- foreign policy
- strategic studies