1. Give yourself plenty of lead time for housing choices. Contact the Carlisle Barracks Housing Office for guidance: See On-Post Housing section for information about housing on post and in the neighboring communities.
2. Colleagues in previous classes offer the following recommendations:
- Plan wisely for your space requirements vs space available in your new home: make arrangements for long-term storage of Household Goods at your originating station.
- Plan for four uniform requirements throughout the year; Navy, Air Force, Marine and Coast Guard officers will wear their Service equivalents of these requirements:
- Carlisle Standard is the typical uniform for class. Carlisle Standard is a choice of Class B/ Army Service Uniform or Service equivalent - OR – business suit, coat/dress shirt/dress slacks/ tie for men and suit or jacket with coordinating skirt/slacks/dress for women.
- Class A/ Army Service Uniform or Service equivalent on specified days
- Combat/ Functional on selected days, and as specified for weather conditions
- Carlisle Casual is the class-day uniform for the early weeks of classes and for MOST social events, e.g., the Welcome Picnic is very casual
- Optional: the student-planned Joint Ball is likely to call for Formal/ Dress Uniform
- The Online In-Processing includes applications for housing, captures biographical information, triggers your name tag, and links to mandatory academic pre-assessment surveys.
- It includes applications for the Exceptional Family Member Program, pre-arrival family medical screening, and other important family information.
3. To make inprocessing the most efficient you've ever experienced, your welcome letter will include a link to Online Inprocessing to be completed before arrival. That will optimize your experience by helping the College and the support services to be ready for you.