Carlisle Barracks is located in Carlisle, PA. Carlisle Barracks is approximately 18 miles west of Harrisburg, PA and 27 miles north of Gettysburg. It is about two miles west of the Carlisle interchange of the PA Turnpike/Interstate 76 and Interstate 81.
From Harrisburg International Airport or via PA Turnpike (I76)
- Upon exiting the airport follow the signs to PA-283 West and then the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Interstate 76) West.
- Exit the Turnpike at the Carlisle exit, Exit 226 (old exit number 16).
- Once through the tollbooth stay to the right toward US 11 South and follow the signs to Carlisle Barracks.
- Turn left at Harmony Hall Road (second traffic light).
- Turn right at Claremont Road.
- Turn left into vehicle security.
From North or South on I81
- Exit I81 at Exit 52 (Middlesex/Carlisle). Follow Hwy 11 South.
- Once Hwy 11 passes under the PA Turnpike (approx. 1 mile), follow the directions in the box above.
From DC area
- From I495 Beltway west, take I270 North toward Frederick, MD
- Continue north on Hwy 15 at Frederick
- Exit onto Hwy 74 (North = left) at Dillsburg , PA
- Upon reaching Carlisle intersection with Hwy 641/Trindle Road/East High Street (Hess Gas on right), turn left and proceed one block to N. Spring Garden St.; turn right and proceed two blocks to East North Street; turn right and proceed .5 miles to the entrance to Carlisle Barracks through vehicle security on the right.
Please allow time for security checks.